Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Quizno's Faulty Business Model


I’m a big fan of sandwiches, and I have been to many sandwich shops. I would love to go to lunch one day with the CEO of Quizno’s to demonstrate how stupid their business model is. So here’s the scene: You show up to the shop and the first thing you notice is that the glass window that protects the toppings is covered in a giant ad sticker, so that you cannot see the toppings. Second, you have the meat, bread and cheese toasted (that’s great), then they wrap it up and hand it to you with a bare minimum of toppings. Heaven forbid you like to have EVERYTHING on your sandwich, you then have to UNWRAP and DISSAMBLE your sandwich to go over to a litltle cart that has additional toppings on it. So my question to the CEO would be, how does this make sense that I have to dissamble my sandwich in order to put on it what I wanted on it in the first place?

I don’t know, maybe I expect too much, But apparantly the other sandwich makers, such as Subway, find it rather easy to do the sandwich up the way I want it while they are building it! They will even toast it for you too! Simply AMAZING!!

No comments: