Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Suprisingly Cool News Magazine


For the past 2 months I have picked up a copy of "Utah Stories" free news magazine http://www.utahstories.com I have not been disappointed with this magazine. It is super low-budget which includes typographical errors and all, but I love this magazine because it seems to be a very honest and straight-forward publication. It relies solely on its trusted advertisers for support and income. I say "trusted" because the magazine won't allow just anyone to buy ad space with them. They have to feel comfortable with your business before they will allow you to purchase ad space. So as an experiment, I ordered their Press Kit to get a better idea of how their ad sales work. Since I just ordered the kit today, I have nothing to report on as far as that is concerned. (details to be had in an upcoming post). The magazine also features articles about small local business and their success stories. Today was the second issue I picked up (I was even hesitant to do so)I was waiting at an intersection waiting to cross and the box with the magazines was all of 25 feet away from me. I told myself, "Hell it's free, just go get one". I was again pleasantly surprised with the stories inside the publication. I am now enamored with this cool little-known publication. I will look forward each month to picking up the current copy.

No comments: